Community login:              
Join!
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
About Yoga (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: About Yoga
Brice Canipel (Visitor)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Birthdate:
About Yoga 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
I came to Yoga by pure chance in 1999. I was working as leisure attendant in an hotel near Cheddar in England. This evening was so quiet and my manager Gwyneth, who was a yoga teacher advised me to have a look at Light on Yoga from B.K.S.Iyengar. What can I do today to tell her thank you and to show her my gratitude? This night i read the whole introduction and said to myself that it was what i was looking for for so many years now. I had been through Qi Kung, Tai Chi, Martial Arts, various forms of meditation and i couldn't find THE practice suitable for me. The next day i was starting. Gwyneth saw my enthusiasm and offered me the book.
Today, unfortunately we have lost contact, i have been practicing for 11 years and this book is always with me. As Patthabi Jois said, "Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory." This can't be more true, every time you step on your mat you learn much more than anytime you opened a book about yoga. I only needed to open this book to be able to step on a mat.
Practicing yoga is being aware of the body and its sensations, the mind and its mental contents. At the end of a session one feels peace in the body and the mind. They are free from tensions. This feeling of peace is the direct fruit of yoga. Being able to live a peaceful life is wonderful.
I started to teach as yoga teacher in 2004. I see each and every student as an individual with personality that differs from one to the other. At the end of a class I make sure they all have reached this peace of body and mind and if one has not we talk about it because it means the practice might be faulty.
I encourage the students to become independent yogis and yoginis. Each practitioner, by coming to the classes must come to the point where he knows the techniques suitable for his body and mind, then one day or the other he/she will start to practice on his/her own for still more benefits. Coming to the class will only be necessary to enjoy the group energy and be checked by the teacher. Yoga will only be useful if we put it into practice in our daily life.

Namaste
Brice
http://yogabrice.webs.com
This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/09/09 20:28 By .
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

Latest Forum Posts

X

Free MP3 download from PP Arnold

Music note icon
Download PP Arnolds new track "Take Me Away" for free and be the first to hear about the forthcoming album, book and tour.
Enter your email address and we will send you the link to download a free MP3